Four languages


So I was poking around fiverr.com, as I do most years before Learn Nothing Day, and came to a flower man who had this on his site: Languages spoken English, Hindi, Marathi, and Kannada.

Those were the three that Hema had sent translations of for the collection of "Learn Nothing Day" in other languages!!

Here is what I had wrote to the guy, to order the video, then:


Your languages are just the ones I want!

https://learnnothingday.blogspot.com/2014/05/real-and-imagined-languages.html

From that page:

HINDI, KANNADA, MARATHI

From Hema A. Bharadwaj in Pune, India:

It's "Aaj kuch mat seekho". Meaning "don't learn anything today" in Hindi.
And in Kannada it is "Evat enoo kali byadaa"
and in Marathi it i s "Aaz kaahi shikoo nakaa"

I wasn't asked yet what I want the 50-word message to be, but:
______________________________

July 24 is Learn Nothing Day for unschoolers all over the world. Try not to learn anything.

Aaj kuch mat seekho.
Evat enoo kali byadaa.
Aaz kaahi shikoo nakaa.

Void in Utah.
Good luck!
_____________________
(end of message)

The reason it's void in Utah is they have a state holiday, Pioneer Day, and they have parades and picnics, so it's impossible for kids not to learn that day. I'm not insulting Utah. It's sort of a joke, and a mystery for other people to find out why.

end of quote

He had said he was unwiling to say anything rude or insulting, and so I explained "void in Utah." He couldn't, with his accent, quite say "void," but that's okay.

If you want to order something from him, or see other things he's done: I Will Deliver A Message As Flowerman, varun_karkhanis
He has some other costumes, too...

1 comment:

  1. I first put this on my facebook page, and tagged several friends in or from India:


    https://www.facebook.com/SandraDoddABQ/posts/10156687793396374


    Some other translations were provided there.

    ReplyDelete